THREE STYLES - TROIS STYLES

 English Version - *version française dessous*


THREE STYLES 

When I first started painting in 1989, I tried to copy such great painters as Degas, Monet, Turner, Van Gogh, and many others.  All these paintings were figurative in the sense you could see the motif they were trying to capture.  Eventually I started to do my own “figurative” paintings.  This was the first of my three styles.

 

As I learned and experimented over the years, I started to develop my second styIe.  I called these paintings “abstract figurative” because depending on your own personal perspective, you could see different things.

My third style was pure abstract.  These were heavily influenced by Jackson Pollock and Jean-Paul Riopelle.  I must admit the first time I saw a Pollock I did not get it.  But as my understanding of art evolved, I began to appreciate the beauty in abstract art. 

 

I would get bored painting the same motif over and over again.  I enjoy going from one style to another and trying new mediums and techniques within each style.

 

PHOTOS:     PETER’S THREE STYLES TOP TO BOTTOM…

FIGURATIVE 

ABSTRACT FIGURATIVE

ABSTRACT


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Version française


TROIS STYLES 

Lorsque j’ai commencé à peindre en 1989, j’ai essayé de copier de grands peintres comme Degas, Monet, Turner, Van Gogh et bien d’autres. Toutes ces peintures étaient figuratives dans le sens où l’on pouvait voir la réalité qu’elles essayaient de capturer. Finalement, j'ai commencé à faire mes propres peintures « figuratives ». C'était le premier de mes trois styles.

Au fur et à mesure que j'apprenais et que j’expérimentais au fil des années, j'ai commencé à développer mon deuxième style. J’ai qualifié ces peintures de « figuratives abstraites » car selon votre point de vue personnel, vous pouviez voir différentes choses.

Mon troisième style était purement abstrait. Celui-ci a été fortement influencé par Jackson Pollock et Jean-Paul Riopelle. Je dois admettre que la première fois que j'ai vu un Pollock, je ne l'ai pas compris. Mais à mesure que ma compréhension de l’art évoluait, j’ai commencé à apprécier la beauté de l’art abstrait.

Je m'ennuyais à peindre encore et encore le même motif. J'aime passer d'un style à l'autre et essayer de nouveaux médiums et techniques au sein de chaque style.

 

PHOTOS : LES TROIS STYLES DE PETER DE HAUT EN BAS…

FIGURATIF

FIGURATIF ABSTRAIT

ABSTRAIT


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY EARLIEST PAINTING - MA PREMIÈRE PEINTURE

WHY SUNFLOWERS ? - POURQUOI DES TOURNESOLS?

WORKING IN A FACTORY - TRAVAILLER DANS UNE USINE