MY NEXT PAINTING WILL BE MY BEST PAINTING - MA PROCHAINE PEINTURE SERA LA MEILLEURE!

  English Version - *version française dessous*

MY NEXT PAINTING WILL BE MY BEST PAINTING!


As I mentioned in my previous post, a blank canvas drives me to paint and when I start a new painting, I always have the feeling that THIS painting will be the BEST painting I ever created!

 

It is an incredibly satisfying feeling even if it doesn’t prove true.

 

But one thing is certain: I learn from every painting that I create.  In my life, success has come from experience and failure.  It didn’t matter whether it was in my personal life, my business career or in my artistic endeavors.

 

Malcolm Gladwell wrote in his book “Outliers” that it takes 10,000 hours of practice to master something.  He cited the Beatles, Bill Gates, hockey players and others as examples.  I believe this to be true. 

 

I also believe in the expression that you only fail when you give up… so it is very simple… never give up!  No matter what you do.  Never give up!

 

 

 

PHOTO: Peter W. Hart (2013) TOURNESOLS, 8’ x 8’.


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Version française


MA PROCHAINE PEINTURE SERA LA MEILLEURE !

Comme je l'ai mentionné dans mon article précédent, une toile vierge me pousse à peindre et lorsque je commence un nouveau tableau, j'ai toujours le sentiment que CE tableau sera le MEILLEUR tableau que j'ai jamais créé !

C’est un sentiment incroyablement satisfaisant même si cela ne s’avère pas toujours vrai.

Mais une chose est sûre : j’apprends de chaque tableau que je crée. Dans ma vie, le succès est venu de l’expérience et de l’échec, que ce soit dans ma vie personnelle, ma carrière professionnelle ou mes efforts artistiques.

Malcolm Gladwell a écrit dans son livre Outliers qu'il faut 10 000 heures de pratique pour maîtriser quelque chose. Il a cité en exemple les Beatles, Bill Gates, les joueurs de hockey et autres. Je crois que c'est vrai.

Je crois aussi à l’expression selon laquelle on n’échoue que lorsqu’on abandonne… donc c’est très simple… n’abandonnez jamais ! Peu importe ce que vous faites. Ne jamais abandonner!

 

PHOTO : Peter W. Hart (2013) TOURNESOLS, 8’ x 8’.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY EARLIEST PAINTING - MA PREMIÈRE PEINTURE

WHY SUNFLOWERS ? - POURQUOI DES TOURNESOLS?

MY THREE RULES FOR PAINTING - MES TROIS RÈGLES POUR PEINDRE